Register by Mail (PDF)
07:30 – 08:00 am Networking & Registration
08:00 – 09:00 am Breakfast
08:00 – 09:00 am Allison Kraus – Health Insurance: Reformed
09:00 – 10:00 am Michael Redden - Succession Planning after Tax Reform
Hour 1: Health Insurance: Reformed by Allison Kraus, Shoreline Insurance Group
Click HERE to read Allison’s bio.
We’ve all heard about ObamaCare. We know that it has changed the health insurance marketplace for Minnesotans, but very few people really understand the impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). In this presentation, you will learn about the past, present and (possible) future of the ACA and how that affects individuals in Minnesota. We will dive into the nuances of the ACA & Medicare including qualifying life events, enrollment periods and timelines, marketplace options and costs. With this information, you will be better equipped to assist your clients who are business owners, retirees or Medicare eligible in navigating the private health insurance market.
- Participants will learn about the Affordable Care Act and Federal Health Reform updates on the horizon.
- We’ll talk about the landscape for private health insurance & small group health insurance in MN as it relates to the ACA, including enrollment periods, eligibility rules, marketplace options, the role of MNSure.
- Participants will also learn about the ABC & D’s of Medicare. We will cover Medicare eligibility, enrollment periods, timeline and process to enroll, types of supplemental and Part D plans available, waivers and penalties and more.
Hour 2: Succession Planning after Tax Reform by Michael Redden, Redden Law, PLLC
This course will review common business succession techniques. Particular emphasis will be placed on the buy-sell in regards to current planning techniques. Business Succession Planning under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will be discussed. There will be particular emphasis on planning with trusts and buy-sells to maximize the 199A deduction in succession planning.
- Learn how the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act changed the planning process.
- Learn how clients are encouraged to plan for succession under the new Act because it provides current income tax benefits.
- Learn how this planning can also manage the tax liability upon the sale of the business.
- Pitfalls and challenges of planning under the new Act.
+$10 if registering at the door/the day of
Hour 1 has been submitted for 1 MN insurance CE credit and 1 CFP credit – credits are currently pending.
Hour 2 has been submitted for 1 MN insurance CE credit and 1 CFP credit – credits are currently pending.
PCI Compliance: Do not email forms with credit card information. To protect your data and to comply with PCI standards, the office will not accept emailed credit card information.
Cancellation Policy: With written cancellation notice, received one week prior to the event, you will receive a refund, less a $10 processing fee. Cancellations the week of the event are non-refundable. Notice of cancellation must be faxed to the NAIFA-MN office. No-shows will not receive a refund.
Audio/Video Policy: Registration and attendance at, or participation at association events, constitutes an agreement by the registrant to association’s use and distribution of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such events and activities.